Last year’s Christmas Card (2015) Pepper wouldn’t cooperate with our family photo, so she became a reindeer fail over Sebago Lake.
The joys of being a kid around the holidays are long gone. These were the days when I would take something that already belonged to someone, wrap it in paper, and gift it back to my parents or siblings by putting it under the tree. In recent years I have dreaded the days leading up to Christmas: trying to buy last minute gifts in stores like Walmart, or finding a parking spot at Settler’s Green in North Conway. The status of my bank account and the thought of spending extra money was also stressful. When I reached the age where regifting people’s possessions was no longer cute, I faced two problems:
- Thinking of gifts for people that they would genuinely appreciate and enjoy.
- Having enough money to buy those gifts.
According to the National Retail Federation, “American consumers plan to spend an average $935.58 during the holiday shopping season this year.”
That is a huge chunk of money to spend, especially on gifts that someone might already have, or not even want. Finally I have a solution to the annual frustration of buying holiday gifts on a teacher’s budget.
Reasons why you should gift someone Doterra essential oils:
- Everyone enjoys things that smell good.
- They are natural and pure, without any artificial ingredients.
- Your choice of oils for each person makes your gift meaningful and personalized.
- These products can be used anywhere a person travels: work, home and in a vehicle.
- There are aroma-therapeutic benefits.
- They are appropriate gifts for both men and women. A quote from a guy friend (who obviously lives in Maine), “I just want to rub this cedar oil in my beard so I can always smell like it.”
Three ways your friends and family can use these oils in their everyday life:
- Car Air-freshener. You only need one bottle of essential oil to create fresh, aromatic air in a vehicle. I once stopped at a Dunkin Donuts drive thru, and when I rolled my window down, the woman said “Wow, your car smells great!” I was never able to tolerate toxic air fresheners in the past because they gave me a headache, but I haven’t had an issue with the oils.
- Diffuser. If you buy someone a diffuser and one bottle of essential oil, they can freshen an entire room. The diffuser uses water to create a cool mist mixed with a couple of drops of whatever oil, or oil blend, you choose to add.
- Roll-ons. These bottles can be made at home by mixing essential oil with fractionated coconut oil (coconut oil without the fat), or can be bought pre-made. These are perfect for anyone, but I enjoy them because my skin is sensitive and I can’t use scented products like lotion.
It feels satisfying to give gifts that people will love, and won’t stress your bank account. Make this holiday season the best ever by staying out of chaotic malls and supercenters, and spend more time doing the things you want to be doing. Contact me today so I can set you up to view and order doterra essential oil products.
Some error has occured.